- 6 cups chopped lettuce
- salt and pepper
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 8 to 16 ounces bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion with tops
Place 3 cups of the lettuce in bottom of large bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer egg slices over lettuce in bowl and sprinkle with more salt and pepper. Continue to layer vegetables in this order: peas, remaining lettuce, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese, along with light sprinklings of salt and pepper. Combine mayonnaise and sugar; spread over top, spreading to edge of bowl to cover entire salad. Cover and chill 24 hours or overnight. Garnish with green onion and a little paprika. Toss before serving.
This salad serves 12 to 15.